Now available at Lakeshore Pediatric Center, P.A.
Call to Make an Appointment.
What is Telemedicine?
Telemedicine is the remote delivery of healthcare services using live video visits. It allows healthcare providers an additional way to evaluate, diagnose and develop treatment plans with patients using technology, such as video conferencing and smartphones, without the need for an in-person visit. Telemedicine visits allow the medical provider to interview and complete a limited exam to increase accessible care options for patients and to provide an innovative and convenient way for patients to interact with a physician.
We are offering this service in an effort to comply with physical (social) distancing during the current COVID-19 outbreak.
How does it work?
- Contact our office at (704) 489-8401 between 8 am and 5 pm (Monday through Friday) to schedule your appointment with one of our providers.
- Once you contact our office, the on-call provider / nurse triage service will determine if your child is eligible for and interested in a Telemedicine (Telemed) video visit.
- Note: Not all patients requesting a Telemed. visit will be eligible. Once we determine your child’s eligibility for a Telemed. visit, you will then receive a HIPPA compliant secure link to your phone and / or you e-mail with the time and date of your child’s appointment.
- Please be prepared with the following information re: patient / child:
- Date of Birth / Current Age
- Brief description of complaint
- Up to date e-mail and phone #
- THE LINK WILL NOT BE ACTIVE UNTIL 10 MINUTES BEFORE THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT TIME. For example, if you child’s appointment is at 11 am, you can not access the link till 10:50 am.
- All Telemed. visits will be submitted to your medical insurance company and will be subject to their respective rules and regulations. Please understand that by opening this link you consent to the Telemed. visit and are responsible for any co-payments, co-insurances, deductibles or balances associated with, and that apply to, this telemedicine visit.
- Also, any portion of Telemed. services not paid by the patient’s / child’s medical insurance company will be the responsibility of the patient / patient family.
- If patient / patient family chooses to have the Telemed. visit not to be billed to their medical insurance company, you will then be responsible for the payment of $49.00 per Telemed. visit. Uninsured patient rate per Telemed. visit will also be charged at $49.00 per visit.