Lakeshore Pediatric Center, PA is committed to the well-being of all children and to providing the safest environment for patients, employees, medical providers and our community. With this in mind, we have made several changes to our standard operating procedures.
WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY TESTING FOR CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)!
Otherwise, Lakeshore Pediatric Center, PA is open and available to our patients as follows:
- May 18th 19th & 20th of 2020 have been reserved for Well Child Check-Ups ONLY.
- We have adjusted our schedule for the remainder of the months of May and June 2020 to well only visits and sick only visits. Well and non-illness related visits will be scheduled during morning sessions only, on most days of the week. Sick visits that include any signs of illness symptoms such as fever, cough, diarrhea and upper respiratory illness … etc., will be scheduled in the afternoon.
- Our office hours during the months of May and June will be as follows:
-Mon. through Fri. 8 am to 5 pm with Lunch between Noon and 1 pm.
-Closed Saturday and Sunday.
- Patients and visitors will continue to be screened for exposure to, and symptoms consistent with the coronavirus upon scheduling an appointment and visiting the office by answering two questions:
- Has the patient, caregiver or close household contact been directly or indirectly exposed to a person diagnosed with COVID-19?
- Has the patient, caregiver or close household contact had a fever (confirmed or warm to touch) within the last 24 hours
- If the answer is YES to EITHER of the above-mentioned questions, these patients will now be scheduled during the next available sick only session. If the answer is no, they will be scheduled during a well/non-illness related visit.
- FACE COVERINGS ARE NOW REQUIRED FOR PARENTS / CAREGIVERS AND CHILDREN OVER THE AGE OF 2 IN ORDER TO ENTER OUR OFFICES. FACE COVERINGS CAN INCLUDE A SCARF, BANDANA, CLOTH COVERING, OR MEDICAL MASK, ETC.
- During your child’s sick visit, we will not perform any test(s) / procedure(s) that involve a fluoride varnish application, a peak flow meter evaluation and / or medicines that need to be administered via nebulization (unless critical).
- Note: At certain instances your child may be treated and evaluated for the flu and strep throat via clinical diagnosis, but without a test.
- Upon entering our clinic location during a well/non-illness related visit session, each patient and caregiver will have their temperature taken. Anyone with a fever higher than 100.4 degrees will not be permitted to enter.
- After checking in, all patients and their respective caregiver(s) will be accompanied to an available exam room. If an exam room is not available, you and your well / sick child(ren) will be required to wait in your car or outside our front doors until it is time for your visit to begin. We will either call / text or come out to accompany you and your child(ren) to your exam room.
- We strongly recommend that each patient is accompanied by only ONEhealthy caregiver when possible. This is to reduce traffic in our waiting rooms and office, in general.
Please understand that these new procedures are being instituted with everyone’s wellness being the paramount reason to do so. We appreciate your cooperation as we work together to provide a healthier and safer environment for everyone.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 RESOURCES:
Resources for Parents:
Ten things you can do to manage your COVID-19 symptoms at home:
Working and Learning from home during the COVID-19 Outbreak: